Kaliym Islam is an accomplished Administrator, Instructor and Educator with expertise in corporate education and demonstrated success in the development of students.
An accomplished Administrator, Instructor and Educator with expertise in corporate education and demonstrated success in the development of students. Dynamic, highly accomplished learning leader with proven expertise setting and executing ambitious education and development strategies that enable the attainment of high-reaching educational goals. Extensive experience in the creation and design of successful educational programs with a track record of delivering positive results. Known for consistently meeting or exceeding annual student progress goals and institutional milestones. Proven ability to build innovative programs and coursework that foster learning and meet the needs of a diverse groups.
Ph.D. Higher Education, emphasis Training, Development, and Consumer Marketing Northcentral University | Prescott, AZ | 2017
M.Ed. Educational Leadership, American Intercontinental University | Phoenix, AZ | 2010
BS, Vocational Education Studies, Southern Illinois University | Carbondale, IL / 1992
AA, Applied Logistics, COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF THE AIR FORCE |1990
(Experience is further detailed in professional experience)
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR – SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY | Carbondale, IL | • 2018 – Present
Provides classroom instruction on various disciplines and topics using a variety of teaching aids, such
as lectures, discussions and videos to engage students in active learning.
• Instructs cohort classes of undergraduate students in accelerated workforce education programs.
• Stimulates class discussions and encourage active learning in all students.
• Maintains class syllabus, assignment logs, and additional student material on D2L.
• Participates in meetings with faculty to discuss departmental goals and upcoming events
• Write learning objectives using Bloom’s taxonomy that support course and program outcomes.
• Plans lectures, assignments, and in-field experiences to collaborate with necessary course curriculum.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – AURORA UNIVERSITY |Aurora, IL | • 2018 – Present
Instructs and facilitates meaningful activities for graduate level Strategic Operations online
courses including weekly discussion threads, Web Quests, notes, reading assignments, lectures,
quizzes and exams.
• Locates high quality content, such as video lectures, presentation files, multimedia, web resources,
• Develops and adjusts course syllabus according to curriculum and university guidelines.
• Fosters an on-line environment conducive to learning and character building.
• Prepares, administers, and grades exams and assignments to evaluate student progress.
• Attends staff meetings and training programs as specified by the program of directors.
• Experience in Video Teaching and Teleconferencing
DEPOSITORY TRUST & CLEARING CORPORATION · NY, NY | Tampa, FL · 2000 – 2017
Executive Director, 2014 – 2017
Oversaw a budget of $15.3 million and orchestrated the actions of five global directors to ensure the success of six learning organizations that supported SIFMU, Global and Emerging Markets, and Omgeo business units. Leveraged best of breed capabilities to integrate client learning organizations of Omgeo and DTCC. Served on corporate committee tasked to oversee the company’s web portal strategy.
Vice-President , 2007-2014
Owned a budget of $10 million and guided 6 direct reports in the transformation of the organization from a cost center into a business unit. Supported the expanding global business of the company through strategic planning, international training, and the coordination of distributed teams. Obtained service-level agreements with each of the supported product areas. Formed a corporate advisory board for learning. Served as a consultant to assist the Canadian Depository to develop and deploy a certification program to customers.
Spearheaded the development of all learning application development and technology, including product documentation, e-learning, help files, product simulations, content, and learning management systems. Coordinated cross-functional teams to ensure project success. Re-trained staff and upgraded their skill sets.
Manager, Technical Training – LEWCO SECURITIES |Jersey City, NJ | · 1998 – 2000
Math Instructor – NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION| New York, NY | · 1993 – 1998
Logistics Specialist – US AIR FORCE · 1985 – 1993
Research and Publications
Florida Sterling Council – Board of Directors
The Crescent Foundation – Board of Directors
Sigma International Leadership Academy – Faculty Member
Training Industry Quarterly E-zine – Editorial Board
CLO Institute Advisory Group – Board Member
MetroSet – Board of Directors
Project Management Institute – General Member
Association for Talent Development – General Member
Certpoint Forum – Advisory Council
CLO Magazine Business Improvement Board – General Member
(+61) 555-1408 email@example.com